Lone Buffalo

Moab Man

Shot this one about a week ago and forgot about it until tonight when I was posting to another thread. Love the colors and the lone buffalo.

DSC_1857.jpg

Moab Man

Having been within feet of one, not by my choice, it does exactly what you said in this picture. It is such a massive animal dwarfed by its surroundings.

My close call came from a moonlight ride on this very island. Each year in July, to coincide with the full moon, there is a bike ride starting at 10 pm. You ride 22 miles down the island and back. It is a blast to do. However, this last year, for some reason one of the buffalo decided to get up for a snack in the middle of the night. Normally at night they are stationary and bedded down for the night. So here I come flying down a hill nearly out-riding my bicycle racing lights when the broad side of a buffalo appears in front of me followed by the squealing of my brakes. Fortunately the buffalo wanted out of there quickly instead of stomping us into a puddle.

Patrick M

I think this is a beautifully balanced photo. Great depth of field and pretty vivid colours. I'd have said the buffalo could be more central, but I'd be wrong. Your image clearly shows the intent. Superb. Glad you found it!

Rick M

FORGOT???!! How the heck do you forget a great shot like this!! This is fantastic! I think this is one of the best shots you've posted. I'd be making some enlargements! Excellent!

Whiskeyman

Shot this one about a week ago and forgot about it until tonight when I was posting to another thread. Love the colors and the lone buffalo.

View attachment 67612

This photograph is absolute proof that photographic life is not fair!

That being said, I'm glad that someone was able to take this one. I'm inspired to now go out and attempt greatness such as this.

The only problem is that while I know of some wild buffalo in Florida, I don't know of any open geography like that, we don't have snow, and I haven't seen mountains, other than a town named Mount Dora.

Now, if I could get a buffalo to visit the beach... :confused:

WM

PS, My wager is that print is a big seller at an art show!

Last edited:

Moab Man

First, let me apologize for having forgot this picture.

Second, this is a picture from Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.

Third, is for the wife, Moablady you need to start making cookies it looks like we have company heading our way.

Lastly, thank you everyone for the compliments.

Last edited:

MoabLady

First, let me apologize for having forgot this picture.

Second, this is a picture from Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.

Third, is for the wife, Moablady you need to start making cookies it looks like we have company heading our way.

Yes, I will be glad to make cookies for anyone who comes. We could set up camp on the island. However, you must bring your gallons of bug spray if you come anytime but winter or the bugs will eat us alive!! Also, I don't think you can camp in the winter. So start investing in the bug spray now.

Yes, I will be glad to make cookies for anyone who comes. We could set up camp on the island. However, you must bring your gallons of bug spray if you come anytime but winter or the bugs will eat us alive!! Also, I don't think you can camp in the winter. So start investing in the bug spray now.

We plan to stay with you. No camping or bug spray needed.