Turn Off Auto-Off Completely

Stacyemma

Hi,

I have recently been bought a WiFi memory card for my 3100 and am having a problem keeping it connected.

It would seem that the card is powered by the camera and when it enters its power save mode it disconnects the WiFi.

I have found the auto-off settings and in custom have moved them all to the longest they will offer, but am still having to reconnect many times during a session.

Is there any way at all to permanently switch off the auto-off options or power save?

I understand this will dramatically reduce my battery life but as I carry multiple batteries this is something I am happy to live with.

Any help will be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Stacy

BackdoorArts

Eye-Fi cards can be very finicky and there are several settings you need to mess with to keep it connected, both in the camera and in the card settings on your device.

After using mine for a couple of weeks my take is that it's just easier to do batch moves once in a while than it is to try and keep it connected and send over photos one at a time as you take them. If you want permanent connectivity then go for one of Nikon's wireless adapters, though I do not know if they have one for the D3100.

Krs_2007

I found the same is true as Jake. As long as your taking pictures it works, but if one part of the chain goes to sleep then you have to fiddle with it. I found that turning the auto off on my Ipad helped a bunch as well as just hitting the back focus button my camera every so often to keep it awake. You could do this by hitting any button that would keep the camera awake.

Stacyemma

Thanks for your replies guys.
Did have a look at the WiFi connectors from Nikon, but they don't seem to do one for the 3100.
It didn't occur to me that the iPad might also be adding to the problem.
Will persevere with it as the card works great otherwise.

Again thanks for your replies
Stacy

Krs_2007

I bet its your ipad and you can change the auto off time, when I did that it worked great. It really is a nice card. Also if you put it in your computer and go into the config settings, I seem to remember a setting in there as well that I changed.