Nikon Df Subforum, or just keep posting in "other".

Brian

I see the D3300 has a subforum set up for it- the Df has been out for over a month. Is there any reason why there is not a subforum for it? Threads for it are still in the "other" category.

The Df has it's own following, has some unique features such as accommodating non-Ai lenses. A subforum for the Df, as it set up with most in-production Nikon DSLR's would make sense.

Brian

I have one.

And look- I have the SP set to "Full-Frame" mode...Too funny. It's the Sync selector.

attachment.php

Bought the second day released, on "Small Business Saturday".

Brian

Df- for instance, took me a few shots to realize that lenses operating in Stop Down mode- set the Df's aperture selection to the maximum F-Stop of the lens and leave it there. For this one, set the Df to "F1.8" regardless of what F-Stop was in use on the lens. Set the Df to "A" mode, the meter did it's job. Stopping down the lens produced the correct exposure.

df_Xenon_50_f19

50/1.9 Xenon at F4, on the Nikon Df.

Coded as a non-Ai lens.
DSC_0744

Last edited:

Brian

The Df allows use of lenses that cannot be used on any other Nikon DSLR. Many that were never made in Ai mount, some unique ones such as the 5.8cm F1.4.

I would like to see a Sub-forum established for the Df, especially as it has shooting modes that are unique in the Nikon line-up. Some of them take a little bit of getting used to, and some experimentation.