Hello, from Washington

Dalton

Hello,
I am a beginner and am about to get my first camera. After many hours of research and trips to stores, I am almost sure I have made my choice - the D7000 body and a 35 or 50mm lens. It will be used mainly to create memories of my 7 mo. old daughter. I do like to hike and camp and would like to add a landscape lens to the list later. I am still open to suggestion... is it too advanced for me? I liked the speed of the shutter (noticeably quicker than D3200) and despise the delay of point and shoots. I cant really afford it, but I have a $300 gift certificate to BH that will ease the pain :)

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites...and yes, the D7000 is a great camera. Good choice. :) Get the 50mm lens, or..go for an all purpose 18-105mm lens. You'll really like that one. Take your time learning the ins and outs of your camera, read the manual it comes with, and most importantly...have fun with it! Don't be afraid to ask questions and experiment. It's all part of the learning process. Enjoy. :)

RON_RIP

Yes, always start with a 50mm lens. You are probably always going to need one of them. Other lenses will suggest their selves to you when you have a better handle on what you prefer to photograph. The D 7000 is the best camera I have ever owned and I feel fortunate to have been able to acquire one. :)