The things you see on a Sunday walk!

weebee

P8200011 redo.jpg

I took this while in Germany. There was a circus in town. Something you don't see everyday.

Pretzel

Cool, you'd never see that in the US

Au contraire, mon frère!

The last time the "Ringling Brothers" came to Tulsa, there were quite a few "elephants on parade" through our downtown area. The whole show arrives by train, and they stop and brings it all (at least, the showy parts) into the venue by way of a short jaunt through the streets. Quite the event!

Mackillan

May I ask a newbie question? I am attempting to take pics of pure black dogs on snow. I am getting seriously underexposed. I was using the matrix mode of exposure metering on auto. I believe that the matrix picked up the snow. In this pic if one spot metered on the elephant and adjusted aperture or shutter speed as needed would the details on elephant be clearer as picking up lighter colours and setting meter accordingly? The reason I'm asking is I'm going out to shoot the dogs again this morning.

weebee

May I ask a newbie question? I am attempting to take pics of pure black dogs on snow. I am getting seriously underexposed. I was using the matrix mode of exposure metering on auto. I believe that the matrix picked up the snow. In this pic if one spot metered on the elephant and adjusted aperture or shutter speed as needed would the details on elephant be clearer as picking up lighter colours and setting meter accordingly? The reason I'm asking is I'm going out to shoot the dogs again this morning.

What in the hell has that to do with my elephant picture?????? Just kidding. Shooting in snow can be a problem. Try what Flugelbinder suggested. What camera are you using?

Last edited: