Looking to upgrade

snowbeast

I am thinking of selling one of my air rifles to further my photography.
I thought I had a D3100 as the manual said so, but I have a D3000 instead. It has the two kit lenses.
My options are to either get a D5100 body and use the lenses I already have or grab my dad's D50 he no longer uses and get some accessories. Maybe a 40mm macro lens and a 50mm 1.8.
It's not an option to sell the 3000 as its my fiance's

I really enjoy macro photography and want to learn to do portraits and landscapes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill16

I would also consider the D90 if your considering the D5100! I would skip the D50 though. I have both the D90 and the D5100, and I prefer the D90 due to it's comfort and better control. But if you prefer the Nikon to be lighter and menu settings instead of more buttons, the D5100 can take awesome photos!
Both should work well with macro shots, with the D5100's higher MPs allowing larger prints if your needing that! :)

It all depends on what you like, and the money you wish to put into it. There is also the D3200 and D5200 that might be in a price range your looking into. And I just bought a D300 for $640.00 used, and so even that might be an option if you want a pro feeling DSLR! :D

Deezey

If you are not afraid of used, you can find good deals on refurbished D7000's for good prices now.

While the 5100 is a great camera. We are now up to the D5300. I would try for the 5200.

If looking at the 5100, like Bill said, I would take a really close look at the D90 also.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2