Baby Riley

John Young

I will just start with the fact that I am no baby photographer and I know its a very serious these days with props and big clothes etc
But I photographed a couples wedding a while back and since then they have had a baby boy who has spina bifida and this poor little kid has been in and out of hospital and its been hard on his parents and him of course.

So just to make them feel a little better and take their minds off things Katie had the idea of offering to photograph Riley as a Christmas gift.
So I did just that and put all the photos on a disk and give them a few prints to and they are VERY happy.

Riley was so placid and easy going and never cried, despite him teething and he has a huge wound on the back of his head. Speaking of his head due to his condition it was very hard for him to hold his own head up and I did not want to mess around with him to much so no really inventive poses. The hat he is wearing his his own (not a prop) and is actually for a two year old

I know these are mostly B&W but his mother loves black and white

Rley4.jpg

Riley5.jpg

Riley1.jpg

Riley2.jpg

Riley%203.jpg

fotojack

Nice work, bud. To me, #'s 2, 3 and 5 are the keepers. :) Those are nice and sharp and frame-able. :) (frame-able....new word, I just made it up. :) )

DraganDL

Nice photos. Technically, the black'n'whites are somewhat overexposed so the faces are slightly "over-illuminated", but never mind it...

John Young

Thanks everyone.... :D

I do as well. They are beautiful pictures and I'm sure the parents will be thankful.

Yes the parents LOVED the photos which is great and if it takes their minds off their troubles for even a short while then its all worth while

John Young

Nice job and I agree the others. How nice of you to do this, great job.

Thank you - well to be honest I mentioned about doing something like this a while back and my wife suggested we do it for this couple as they are going through hell and we have an autistic son with ADHD so we have a little understanding of how hard it can be but of course nothing on the scale of these people.

But saying that little Riley is a lovely baby and so quiet, he just lay there on a rug and was very happy for ages looking at me and out the window even though his mum was behind him