Focus issues...

Flugelbinder

I´ve been getting some soft images lately. After doing some research (and some tests), it seems like the middle focus point is not focusing properly... What might be the reason? Dirty sensor?

I´ve been getting some soft images lately. After doing some research (and some tests), it seems like the middle focus point is not focusing properly... What might be the reason? Dirty sensor?

Upload a sample and be sure to include the EXIF data. Give us as much information as you can on how you shot the image.

Flugelbinder

_DSC3450.jpgf/4.5 85mm 1/100

Last edited:
Sorry, but how exactly do I post the EXIF data?

EXIF Data is all the information on how you shot the photo. Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO what mode you shot it in, were you in manual focus or auto focus. All the info of how you took the photo.

Also when you resize the photo to upload it make sure the long side is LESS than 1000px. This will help us

Bill16

I could be wrong since I can't seem to see the data mentioned. But if you resize the photo to 1000 on the long side, then the data will show. Otherwise the site strips the data from the photo.

Am I right Don?

mikew_RIP

Do you have View NX if so it should show you where the cameras focus point was,that looks to be focused where there isnt a focus point

the chicken looks like it is in focus BUT one problem is that you are shooting very slow 1/20 sec is not really fast enough for a hand held shot at 85mm. A quick rule of thumb is to shoot at least as fast as the length of the lens