Greetings, allow me to introduce myself.

rn4488

Hi, my name, (and i am sure it is posted somewhere on this message,,,so you already know)
is Rich nelson, played a bit here and there throughout my life with photography but never really got into it as much as the last year, I went from a canon digital Power shot SX1 is (not a bad camera for family shots at christmas.. ) to a Nikon D5200 with about 8-10 lenses.
I know can not control myself, I stop in roads, everywhere i go,,,causing irritable wife syndrome. So I bought her a D3200.
This is my first Dslr and, love it.
I guess I am probably going through the normal growing pains, but enjoying every minute of it, Wildlife, mainly Eagles or any flying object has quickly become a fascination. So has silhouette shots.
I will ask some questions you all have heard 100's of times, just want to learn and enjoy other peoples art.
I just purchased a Tamron 70-200 mm 2.8 and am a bit irritated with it, the focusing is slower than if I where to manually focus, does anyone that has this lens have any suggestions or comments on this lens, optically it is awesome, but sometimes hunts and then just gives up. I bought used from a professional studio photographer, and i trusted his word when he said that it was just a "Tad" slower than the Nikon version.
Great price, but second guessing the purchase. I had been advised to go for the Tamron over the Sigma if i could not go Nikon, I have a Sigma 150-500 mm and love it.
OK, I tend to ramble,,,if you had not noticed...
I am looking forward to taking advantage of all of your knowledge, and maybe,,,just maybe i can help someone somewhere,,,somehow...(hope I am doing all this right, never used a forum such as this before, facebook and regular email,,,I am a bit old to start on this new adventure, but,,,,I did not see an age requirement)
Peace,
Rich Nelson

Krs_2007

Welcome Rich, I believe we have a few on here that use that lens and they should chime in shortly. I know there was a recent post on it, you might try to search for it.

Welcome to the forum. No to age requirements. There are a lot of us old folks here.

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Now lets see some photos.

​Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

rn4488

Thank you Don, I was having all kinds of trouble getting some photos uploaded, only managed to get one,,Now o know,,,
​Thanks!!!

Bill16

Welcome to nikonites! I bought my first DSLR this year myself, and it seems instantly I turned into a photo junky, and a Nikon DSLR camera addict! Lol :D

weebee

Welcome to the forum. I,too, just got my first DLSR a couple months ago and told myself to move s-l-o-w-l-y. Yeah,I listened alright ;). I just bought a Nikon 55-300mm VR for my D3100 and love it. I hope you have a great with your camera.

Rick M

Welcome to the site Rich! It sounds like you picked up the older Tamron 2.8 which is known to be very slow focusing. If I were you I would sell it and pick up the newer VC version, it is excellent. The Nikon f4 is very good also and about the same price as the new Tamron.

rn4488

Thank you very much Rick, I took your advise this morning and bought a floor model (Tamron 70-200 2.8 model) from a camera shop. I tried it on my camera right in the shop, and WOW,,,it is freakin fast....
Got home and in 20 minutes had the other one sold for more than I paid for it,,,it is a good day..
I also have several Nikon lenses, 55-300, 18-105, 55-200, 18-55, 50, 35, the 70-200 Tamron and a Sigma 150-500.
I have my sites on a Nikon 80-400 and eventually a Nikon 70-200. but I have to take this in steps because of financial reasons.

I am also thinking of upping my camera body to either a D7100 or the D610.
Do you have any opinions on these cameras, I now am using a D5200, I like it a lot and can wait, but have been advised by a professional photographer friend of mine that I should up my game as he said,,,and go with the 610, the full frame.

The D5200 is my first DSLR and am really having a lot of fun with it, if you don't mind me asking,,,
your opinion on both models and what you think about going full frame so fast after only having this DSLR for 9 months.

THANKS,,,

Peace
rich