Hello

Ambient

Hello All,

I have been lurking around reading and enjoying your posts. Finally decided to join! I did a huge photography project for a horticulture class a number of years ago. No matter how hard the staff at the camera store tried, I just wouldn't learn about my camera. That was an old film camera I had. Kept the darn thing on Auto as much as possible. Moved up to a D70s to finish the project. (got tired of having to develop my films to see if I got a good shot). But I acquired a bit of equipment so now 15 years on I thought I would take it up as a hobby. Bought a D7000 when they went on sale at a local store along with the 18-140 lens. Pulled out some old lenses and ordered one new one (10-24mm). Been reading and learning and playing around with my camera. Having a bit of fun with it. Learning a lot from your posts!

​Deb

Moab Man

Welcome. And based on your post it sounds like your in a place now in life to learn the craft. Looking forward to seeing some photography.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for filling out your profile so we can better answer any questions that you might have.

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Now lets see some photos.

​Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

Ambient

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I tried posting a picture and messed it up. I missed the final step Don! Will work on that. Really great wealth of information from all of you on this forum.