New Member, new to photography

Doug V

Greetings everyone, my name is Doug and I am new to the site and also new to photography. I would like to know how to use my camera more (beyond the auto settings) and take better pictures. Looking forward to learn from other members of this site.

Moab Man

Welcome. Start firing away and taking pictures. Then from there we can certainly comment and suggest to help you improve your photography.

fotojack

Welcome to the forum, Doug. One piece of advice I can give you....learn your camera inside out, and read the manual that came with it! And of course, go out there and shoot some pictures. Watch some videos on Youtube, read books, magazines, and be patient. You won't learn everything in a weekend. It takes time and patience, and tons of practice. :) In the meantime, have fun with it, and don't be afraid to ask questions. that's why we're here. :)

Bill16

Welcome to the club Doug! I started the same way as you, and I'm having a blast learning and enjoying my Nikon's and my friends here! I admit I can get frustrated sometimes, but only about 2 things. First I can never seem to learn fast enough to suit me, or find the extra time to take as many shots as I really want to. Second I constantly want more photography stuff, and I'll never have enough money to keep up with my wants! Lol :D
I hope you'll love it here as much as I do! :D

Deezey

Welcome Doug!

The secret to great photos is..........................................................................................................................................to never stop loving to take photos.

Just read the manual for your camera.....post pictures here.....and get to know your new family!

Welcome!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2