Quantaray lens and the D610

fiVe

I have a Quantaray 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 NF AF lens that was used with a Nikon N50 35mm film camera. Will this lens work with the D610? Does anyone know anything about this lens?

I'm on a mission to learn all I can about Nikon. (this is a great web site!)

Thanks,
fiVe

If you are getting the Nikon D610 you really do not want to put a $50 lens on it. If you can't afford a good lens drop back to a lesser model camera and invest in better glass

mguffin

If you are getting the Nikon D610 you really do not want to put a $50 lens on it. If you can't afford a good lens drop back to a lesser model camera and invest in better glass

You can actually get a Nikon N65 or N70 with the lens for less than $50... Probably won't shine on an FX camera... ;-)

fiVe

The Quantaray is not the primary lens to be used with the 610. I was just curious if it would work. Thanks for the info--it is good to know where this lens compares to the rest.

Fred Kingston

As has been mentioned... that lens is so inexpensive, it's frequently sold with those older film cameras between $20 and $40...the higher end of that scale being the better cameras... Nikon made a similar lens... <-- actually, I should say, Nikon made a 28-80 as the kit lens for those cameras... and the Quantaray was a less expensive knock-off that camera dealers frequently bundled with bodies to get the price points down even further... the period and those lenses were also noted for their foray into plastics... and probably mark the low in quality lenses as an attempt to compete in a period when digital point & shoots were rapidly eroding market shares...

The lens will function, and you might experience some mismatch in fStop whereby the camera thinks the fstop is higher than the lens' 3.5...