Should i upgrade d3100 to d3200?

Jai1989

Ever since i brought my d3100 (around 9 months ago) i always thought i should've saved that little bit more for the d3200, mainly because of the 24mp and the fact that i could use the wireless transmitter, i no there preety poor reasons but i wanna no would i be doing the right thing? At the moment i can get a new d3200 body for £279 with £30 cashback i dont want any other camera as im not a very rich man lol :) just want some feedback on what u guys think i should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skene

You do not need 24mp unless you are planning on printing up billboard sized pictures. Wireless you can most likely do without. It would be one of those things where you end up saying... Yeah I have it, but I never use it.

If you are on a limited budget, then for all that the 3200 is worth, it's not that much.

Nikon D3200 vs D3100 - Our Analysis

There are a few things like better ISO, better dynamic range, shoots 1 frame faster... But for what that is worth to you. The buffer gets filled quicker. You would not want to shoot at 6400 ISO unless you are shooting in the dark and know what you are doing to reduce noise.

Bill16

I wouldn't myself, but I understand wanting to get the camera you wanted in the first place. But if your going to upgrade, I would recommend a bigger upgrade. I think you'd be happier to at least move up to the D5100, D5200,or D5300. I'm learning that higher MPs doesn't always mean I'll like the camera better. Right now I enjoy my D90 the most out of the Nikon's I own! :D

weebee

I was always caught up in the more MP the better thought as well. I'm currently saving my money for a better zoom lense.