New Member from Thailand

eye4get

I am retired (30 years US Army) and living in Thailand. I used to be a avid photographer back in the 80's shooting B&W (Pentex) and developing film in my darkroom. I've owned many point and shoot digital cameras since then, but missed the feel of a a real SLR and editing my photographs. I just purchased a Nikon D5200 after reading tons of reviews.

I am a bit of a computer enthusiast and excited to try DSLR photography and digital editing. I am testing several editing programs to include; Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2, Adobe Lightroom 5, and Sofortbild. The idea of tethering my camera, real time to my laptop is exciting! I've constructed [several actually] light boxes and am purchasing essential accessories to improve my photography.

I shoot jewelry photos primarily but enjoy outdoor scenes, architecture, historic sites and landscapes (HDR) as well.

I enjoy reading forums for advice and suggestions. They are a good way to learn from others mistakes or experience.

I am looking forward to posting results of my efforts and hope they help others enjoy photography more!