Regional threads?

skene

Wondering if this would be a good idea. It could benefit some photogs by being able to get group photowalks within their area. Maybe post up any regional ongoings as well.
Just a thought.

Mfrankfort

I think it's just me and CarGuy from detroit. We'll have a photo walk in bullet-proof vests. haha. There are actually some awesome places in Detroit for pictures. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Cue Admins....

Just start a thread with the city/Area you are in and see if there are any people there. I think in reality there are very few places where there are very many people that live in close proximity. There are three in my area, Me, a friend of mine but he is not active and one a few miles away and I think he has only been one a couple of times. If you have not already checked there are a number of Google + local groups.

skene

I'm sure there would be more than that if it ended up being offered up. While you may not see an initial reach, I'm sure it would end up making a few hits if you ended up googling a geographic region forum and Nikon.
Then you would not need to rely on the likes of Google or a Flickr... and such.

Making a post would somehow end up getting lost in threads. A forum however will always be there. Now I'm not saying do one for every state, but there are people that make trips based on events. This can help get going on it for the people that are not in that much of a know.

IE.

North East (Maine, VT, RI, Mass, Northern CT)
New York Regional (NJ, CT, NY, PA)
Mid Atlantic (MD, DE, VA, NC)

carguy

The problem with regional forums is that people end up starting random threads in there causing much more work for site admins/mods to move them.

People in the midwest would post a thread there asking a question about a piece of gear or how to do something. This is not regional specific but the put it there because they are located there.

I'm with Don on this one. Start a thread in the Off Topic section -Off Topic Forum

Maybe the admins could start a section called Photo meet ups or something like that?