Hello from Cali

John55

Thanks so much. I'm digging around to see what I should get..,d5200 or d5300.

John

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

Thanks so much. I'm digging around to see what I should get..,d5200 or d5300.
So this would be your first DSLR, then? If that's the case, and even if it's not, the D5300 is pretty hard to argue with; that's a whoooole lot of camera for the money. I'd suggest you buy the body only, if you can, and then outfit it with something like a Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5 and be good to go right from the start. Assuming your budget for this allows of course. I'm just no too fond of the standard 18-55mm f/3.5 the Nikon bodies come with so much of the time.

John55

Thanks yall.

This would be my first dslr. Considering that, maybe a whole lot of camera would be too intimidating.

John

John

Horoscope Fish

This would be my first dslr. Considering that, maybe a whole lot of camera would be too intimidating.
Well, in my opinion, going from just about anything else (e.g. a point and shoot) to a full blown DSLR, even an entry level DSLR is going to bring with it a certain learning curve. Just be prepared for there to be a learning curve, be willing to get off full Auto mode and you'll be fine.

Three things you'll want to understand because you never get away from them in photography: Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO, collectively known as The Exposure Triangle.