Cattle Egret Nesting Season

dramtastic

So I was down at the local wetlands last week taking some shots and got chatting with another hobbyist. She told me of a site not 5 minutes from where we were that had thousands of nesting Cattle Egrets. Yeh right, born skeptic here.
Had a bit of a chuckle about it to the Mrs when I got home. Anyway, curiosity got the better of me and I headed over there early last Saturday morning. Whether there was a thousand or at the very least hundreds, skepticism turned to amazement and here are a few of my favorites from day one.

Last edited by a moderator:

dramtastic

d7k_1774.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dramtastic

Every shot is great this one is awesome

Thanks Michael. I was standing in what could loosely be called a clearing, but only had a small patch of clear sky above me surrounded by trees, scrub, bushes, vines, reeds, you get the picture. I kept seeing these egrets flying across this patch of sky, some with nesting material in their beaks but as soon as I started to track them in focus they'd fly behind the trees. Was glad to get a couple like that one.

shl3608

What beautiful pictures! So different from the egrets I have seen. Elegant and exotic. Loved your pics. Thx for sharing.