New from the Poconos

Khan_E

Hey everyone, my name is Khanrad. I just found a passion for photography a few months ago, and ended up purchasing a D3100 early last month. So far I love it! I used to draw A LOT! Especially as a kid and I thought I was a great artist. I used to want to do graphic design, but after some life changing events a few years ago, I lost interest. It's strange how you could go from doing something everyday, to not doing it at all. It was like a part of me died(DRAMATIC!) Anyway, I finally read the user's manual yesterday while I was at work. I didn't realize how much more I could do. Up until now I have just been doing basic "point and shoot" photos. It sucks coming into this not knowing much but I am also into cars along with fitness and I remember when I first found an interest in those areas, how little I knew and how hard I had to work to be as "knowledgeable" as I am now about them. Other than that I'm really looking forward to everything you guys have to teach and share about your experience with photography. Thanks for reading.

BackdoorArts

Welcome. You're in my neck of the woods, and there are some incredible places to shoot in this part of the country, so I look forward to seeing what you have to share with us.

Khan_E

Welcome. You're in my neck of the woods, and there are some incredible places to shoot in this part of the country, so I look forward to seeing what you have to share with us.

Hey sorry I took so long to reply, but thanks everyone for the welcome. I work two jobs and when I'm off I'm usually running errands. The good news is I got accepted to Temple within the past week so I'm really looking forward to school this spring.
@BackdoorHippie Yea there definitely are some great places to shoot. I work at the Shawnee Inn. I'll probably go there sometime this week actually to take some photos. I want to get more into taking portraits but I haven't asked anyone to let me take pictures of them.

BackdoorArts

Shawnee Inn is a great place. Haven't been in a while, but a group I used to be part of would do a golf tournament there every year and we used to go out the night before and, well, make a night of it. Great breakfast.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites. :)

Ahh, the Poconos. I used to own a half acre of land there, a place called Emerald Lakes. The memories. :) Then I got divorced and lost it all! lol :)