How to use Samyang 85mm on D600

DIpender Singh

Hi,

I just moved from Pentax K20D to D600. I also bought a Samyang 85mm which I received yesterday. I am not able to use the Camera's properly. The Camera keep giving me fEE error if I try to move the aperture ring to anything but 22, which is the highest number and pressing the shutter button will not click image. Now at this f22 the pics are not coming sharp and very dark.
Also this lens is suppose to come with the Automatic chip for Nikon, so after focusing it should confirm it , but it does not. ( Note: Even if everything in the viewfinder is out of focus, the half press of camera shutter button displays the red box indicating focus.. ). Do i have a bad copy of lens or I am missing some settings for this manual Lens.?

Thanks,
Dipender

BackdoorArts

You need to set it at f22 for the body to use it. The camera will be able to control aperture all the way to wide open using the dials on the camera.

My understanding is that the chip will only allow for aperture control and not for autofocus, or even confirmation of focus, though I may be wrong on that.

Last edited:

DIpender Singh

Thanks Jake,

The camera is so new to me, i need to spend more time with it in manual mode. Would post some pics here if i do some good job with this. :)

Regards,
​Dips