Rail squirrel departing... next stop Nut Alley

DSC_6288.jpg

Focal Length 300mm
Exposure 1/30
F Number f/5.6
ISO 500

Last edited by a moderator:

BackdoorArts

Cute shot. We get them resting like that all the time. I wish I had time to set up a shot for what we call the "car wash". It's essentially a milk crate with strings and washer hanging down over one of the handles to keep the Blue Jays out, while squirrels are willing to go through the handle and gain access to the nuts kept inside. I so want to set up a camera in there with a remote to catch them with their head poking in. Maybe over the weekend.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Adorable! I'll be honest and say my first impression was that this shot would be a terrific candidate for the November Monthly Contest! :cool:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Bad, Really bad.

Hey that's like 0-60 nuts in 25 min...

Cute shot. We get them resting like that all the time. I wish I had time to set up a shot for what we call the "car wash". It's essentially a milk crate with strings and washer hanging down over one of the handles to keep the Blue Jays out, while squirrels are willing to go through the handle and gain access to the nuts kept inside. I so want to set up a camera in there with a remote to catch them with their head poking in. Maybe over the weekend.

Squirrel car wash, or photo booth? hahaha
Adorable! I'll be honest and say my first impression was that this shot would be a terrific candidate for the November Monthly Contest! :cool:

Ah, maybe I will. hah