Camera & Lens Rentals

nmccamy

I highly suggest that every serious photographer should set aside money to use toward camera and lens rentals. I have learned so much renting countless times over the years. Don't just rely on reviews, word-of-mouth, or anything else. See for yourself! Rent a lens or camera and design your own experiments based on your style of photography. You will discover many surprises along the way! And your opinion offerings will be truly informed.

Last edited:

Mfrankfort

I want to rent a 70-200 and pretend for that week I own one. haha. Or that new Profoto B1 head. haha. It is a great idea, and there are tons of rental websites now. Best to try before you buy. I've never been a big fan of reviews, except for the people on here. They know what they're doing, and give good advice. :)

nmccamy

I use reviews and word-of-mouth as rough guides. I won't buy until I've put my hands on the gear and put it through it's paces using my photographic styles and techniques, and rentals are perfect for personal reviewing.

Ruidoso Bill

I highly suggest that every serious photographer should set aside money to use toward camera and lens rentals. I have learned so much renting countless times over the years. Don't rely on reviews, word-of-mouth, or anything else. See for yourself! Rent a lens or camera and design your own experiments based on your style of photography. You will discover many surprises along the way! And your opinion offerings will be a truly informed.

I think you are dead on! Early mistakes I made for that new gotta have item ended up wasting money, in the long run if I had rented, it would have made a lot more sense. We don't even have a camera store where I live and it is quite a drive to get to one and renting is the best option, especially as the price of the equipment is getting sooooo expensive. I know my friend Helene is an avid lens renter before she buys. I don't even know how much money I have wasted but I have been buying photographic equipment since the late 60's and made numerous mistakes.

It also makes a lot of sense to rent that specialty lens/camera you need for a project (seldom use) than buying it and have it sit on a shelf.

Last edited:

Mfrankfort

I want to rent that 600mm beast just to say I used it. lol. There is currently an ad for "Borrow Lenses.com" to my right as I'm typing this, haha.

Mfrankfort

I want to rent that 600mm beast just to say I used it. lol. There is currently an ad for "Borrow Lenses.com" to my right as I'm typing this, haha. 300$ a day for the 600mm. Yikes. Sure beats 19k