Post Your Eclipse Shots

BackdoorArts

It was a cloudy, cold morning in NJ, but I gave it a shot anyway. I grabbed a spot at the top of a hill in our local cemetery and was joined by another photographer about 10 minutes later. We weren't too optimistic, but there was a crack in the heavy cloud bank right in line with the sunrise so we kept our fingers crossed. It paid off at about 6:55AM when it managed to show itself in pieces as it crossed the crack. At least I didn't spend an hour in a cold cemetery for nothing.

_D804856-Edit.jpg

_D804857-Edit.jpg

_D804858-Edit.jpg

_D804859-Edit.jpg

Anyone else get anything?

For the curious, these were shot with my D800 in DX mode with the 70-200mm f4 and a 10 stop ND. Wish I had a step-up ring for the 150-500mm as I suspect the 77mm filter would have worked just fine on that. On my Christmas list. LOL

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

It was a cloudy, cold morning in NJ, but I gave it a shot anyway. I grabbed a spot at the top of a hill in our local cemetery and was joined by another photographer about 10 minutes later. We weren't too optimistic, but there was a crack in the heavy cloud bank right in line with the sunrise so we kept our fingers crossed. It paid off at about 6:55AM when it managed to show itself in pieces as it crossed the crack. At least I didn't spend an hour in a cold cemetery for nothing.

View attachment 58202

Anyone else get anything?

Jake, no pic, says Invalid Attachment... I was watching but totally overcast with snow flurries so no go here in NH

Pat

BackdoorArts

Jake, no pic, says Invalid Attachment... I was watching but totally overcast with snow flurries so no go here in NH

Pat

Should be something there now. I tried uploading a composite but it shrunk it down to nothing, so I did the individual photos instead.

Kias

Here's the one I took from Ohio this morning. :congratulatory:

20131103-_1RB0438.jpg

I'm actually watching a live feed of it from Slooh in Kenya right now. Probably the best I'll get until 2017.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure if it would have been visible down here, but there were to many clouds to even see the sun.

Kias

Not sure if it would have been visible down here, but there were to many clouds to even see the sun.

Had there been no clouds, you would've seen something according to the maps. I tried, even though I'm about 70 miles west of the edge of being able to see it. Guess the scientists who made the map are much smarter than me. :p

​Couldn't see anything, so I made my own.