The Wetland Chronicles by Dramtastic

dramtastic

Instead of clogging up the Birds/BIF threads I thought I'd just start another with shots from my local wetlands. Usually spend 4-5 hours here a week and knock over around 600 shots. Camera is the Nikon D7000 with my trusty Sigma AF 100-300mm F4 EX IF HSM APO and Sigma 1.4X EX DG APO Teleconverter attached.

dramtastic

Great Eastern Egret.
d7k_9909.jpg

dramtastic

Looking forward to seeing them mate :)

Cheers Scott. The first ones were from yesterday but I had a field day today with at least 20 Egrets(at least 3 different species) a dozen Spoonbills, Pelicans. Cormorants, Ducks and more all with in about half a hectare. Yeh I know it's not Kakudu or Litchfield but pretty handy for suburbia. :biggrin-new:
d7k_0535.jpg

Scott Murray

Cheers Scott. The first ones were from yesterday but I had a field day today with at least 20 Egrets(at least 3 different species) a dozen Spoonbills, Pelicans. Cormorants, Ducks and more all with in about half a hectare. Yeh I know it's not Kakudu or Litchfield but pretty handy for suburbia. :biggrin-new:
d7k_0535.jpg

Haha that is great ;) and the good thing about "Suburbia" is that they are used to people and dont scare as easily :)

Excellent photos.

dramtastic

Brilliant = curbed any desire I may have had to put up my spoonbills! Seriously though these are really great.

Thanks Lawrence, I always like your sense of humor. If you do have Spoonbills put 'em up, I have a few stationary shots I'm fairly happy with but still no Spoonbills in flight that I'm over the moon about and I've taken quite a few.