Hello from Chicagoland

SamRothstein

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this forum while doing some flash research and found it very helpful. Hope to take advantage of the knowledge of my fellow members and contribute my limit knowledge when I can.

My main subjects are cityscapes/architectural (especially night work) and travel photography, and most recently my newborn. So I'm always looking for new ideas on how to photograph him!

My current gear list includes a D5100 with 18-55mm kit lens, Sigma 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM, and a Dolica AX620B100 Tripod with Ball Head & Pan Head.

Will be adding a flash very soon, most likely the YongNuo HN565EX. After that will likely get the Nikon 35mm 1.8, both of which should help immensely to grab shots of the little one.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites Sam, there is plenty of information available in different forums. Feel free to explore and share your questions or photography tips.

Welcome to the forum
Thanks you for filling out your profile so we can better answer any questions that you might have.

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Now let's see some photos
​Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

SamRothstein

9019785015_eca466ab19_c.jpg
Chicago Skyline - Let's go Hawks!
8786474687_a4a0017b80_c.jpg
Indiana Beach Theme Park
8733450931_d0ee7ecfd2_c.jpg
NASCAR Experience - Joliet Motor speedway
8679029161_b223d966a5_c.jpg
Niagara Falls via Helicopter
8609283702_f465568a71_c.jpg
Lacock, Wiltshire, UK

Last edited:

Mfrankfort

I just got the 565 a little while ago, to go along with the 568 (wanted one flash with HSS), and they're awesome! You'll love it if you get it. P.S- Go Wings. ;-)

Mfrankfort

It's a great flash for sure. And we'll see how well your team of young partiers do, and if Kane can stay out of trouble. And if you wanna throw Hossa back our way... I hate him, but I'll take him. haha.