Nikon noob from Denmark

nidding

A few weeks back I went out and myself a Nikon d3100 along with two zoom lenses, and boy have I enjoyed it since.

I've actually liked taking photos most of my life, and remember when I was a kid, But now, things have finally got into place to let me gat a DSLR. I've only just started taking in knowledge, so I sure have a lot to learn, however, I think I'm getting the hang of the most basic technical stuff.

I plan to use the camera for family- and baby shots (soon), for pictures of my salt water reef aquarium, and just random stuff.

To my surprice, I found out that my dad had a bunch og old MF lenses lying around, which I can borrow most of the time. Really lucky for me, as I am really drwn towards the manual approach anyway.

For now, I've been able to take a few macro shots with a borrowed lens. A couple of some corals and a fish

And today Iwent out to get a few pictures after the first storm of the fall, and found this miniature flower

All critique is more than welcome :)

I am a linux user and thus I use darktable and GIMP for editing.

Cheers! I look forward to learn a lot from you guys :)

nidding

Thank you all.
When putting up photos on the foreum, is it prefered that I put it on an external site as above, or that I uload them directly as attachments?