Hello from Cork, Ireland

jaomul

Hi all,

I am a hobbyist photographer for a couple of years now. I have participated in some other forums also but found this one today and decided to sign up. I recently had all Canon equipment but decided to sell it all after a holiday mishap to down size my kit. I bought an olympus micro 4/3rds EPL-5 which I am very happy with. After realising that I would not be happy without also having a dslr I decided to re-invest and just ordered a Nikon D7100. I enjoy trying different cameras and lenses out almost as much as getting out taking photographs so my change in brand was not out of preference for a brand, but an opportunity to try out something new.

My favourite types of photography seem to be enviromental portraits and wildlife. I enjoy various other types also but after a recent clean up of my filing system these photos make up most of my collection.

It will likly be a week or so before I receive the new camera so I wont be able to post any photographs for a while. I have purchased body only with a 35mm f1.8 dx seperate. No doubt I will be in the equipment section soon for advice.

I hope to take part in some conversations soon and look forward to learning and hopefully contributing. Thanks and take care,

Jason

fotojack

Welcome to the forum, Jason. I hope you enjoy it here, and look forward to seeing some of your work when the new camera arrives. :)

Enzo

Welcome. I immediately recognized your location because one of my favorite guitarist grew up there. Rory Gallagher is amazing!

Last edited:

mickhenso

Hi there. Been to cork for holls. Must say cork people are one of the friendliest you will find, had a great time, back to photography- I have a D90. My best lens is the old nikon 70-210 D f/ 4-5.6 buy one on EBay it's sharp as a tack at all zoom levels, cheers all the best ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk