Need help with lens.

jacobscottv

usa4aga4.jpg

Well I film skateboard a lot. I absolutely love nikon quality. Okay a couple of days ago I want to film. New board set up and off into the skatepark. Next thing you know wheel bite and there goes the nikon in the air. The lens detached and they went their separate ways. After getting up and in shock. I looked to see if the nikon was okay. With minor scratches it seemed ok. After re attaching the lens it worked but the lens would stay on. After further investigation I found a broken plastic mount that lock in the lens. My questions is. Should I get a new lens and do they make the replacement part for the plastic locks around the lens.
apu8yhum.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mark F

This part for your 18-55mm can be ordered directly from nikon for about 10.00 if you are comfortable with changing it out yourself.
I would go with genuine Nikon parts from Nikon... there are a lot of aftermarket replacements out there.

Mark F

Don't mean to resurrect this thread.. but I read what you wrote again and I'm curious as to why you use a Nikon DSLR thats not all that drop proof when you could get a go pro and put it in a tough case?