D3100 or move to D3200/D5100

Im4real

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble deciding which camera to buy. My current cameras are a Canon IXUS 115HS and Panasonic Lumix FZ8.

I want to buy a dSLR to start learning more about photography, therefore I want something that I can start.

At this time, the prices for the mentioned models are (with 18-55mm):

D3100 - 309€
D3200 - 375€
D5100 - 419€

Given the price difference which one suits best? It's worth to go from the D3100 to the D3200 or even the D5100?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Bruno

patrick in memphis

hi i've had my d3100 for a couple years now.for the price and almost double the mp i would get the d3200 or if you wait about 2 months the next model will prob be out.just so you can make a comp of features.also that will lower the price on d3200.it never pays to be top of the line also there are alot of used cams on craigslist

pedroj

You may want to look at a D7000 which has an auto focus motor on board...Allows you to use AF lens as well as the AF-S...

Im4real

hi i've had my d3100 for a couple years now.for the price and almost double the mp i would get the d3200 or if you wait about 2 months the next model will prob be out.just so you can make a comp of features.also that will lower the price on d3200.it never pays to be top of the line also there are alot of used cams on craigslist

Thanks for the reply.
The replace model for the D3200 will come earlier next year?

Im4real

You may want to look at a D7000 which has an auto focus motor on board...Allows you to use AF lens as well as the AF-S...

Thanks for the suggestion, but that one is already too expensive..I can spend that much mony, however, i prefer to go to a cheaper model and get better lens to start.