Saying how do you do

GeordieRover

Hello, all on this seemingly excellent forum.

With a emptiness in my life due to loss of job, was about to be swallowed by alcohol and depression, sat around for months, feeling sorry for little old me.

Started looking up and around me a few weeks ago, with money put away for a rainy day and a loving partner, have got myself my first ever Dslr camera.

Took some photos this morning , felt the sun on my face, and the wonder of nature surrounding me, instead of just kicking back and drinking.

As a creative soul in the past, this new world of expressing an individuals view on any particular moment in time...is wondrous to someone who had all but shrivelled up.

Iam saying all this because it's true and I hope through photography I can put the self pity and bitterness behind me , and look outwards to the miracle of this existence.
Cheers

Scott Murray

Hey mate welcome to the forum, where abouts in Oz are you from? I am in Darwin!
You will find a lot of friendly and useful advice on here.

GeordieRover

Hey mate welcome to the forum, where abouts in Oz are you from? I am in Darwin!
You will find a lot of friendly and useful advice on here.

Thanks mate, Iam from the Gold coast, a beautiful part of Australia, I agree after going through this forum it has a lot to offer, going on the back road to Murwullimbah tomorrow, to take some dawn photos of Mt Warning.
Cheers for the welcome

Scott Murray

Thanks mate, Iam from the Gold coast, a beautiful part of Australia, I agree after going through this forum it has a lot to offer, going on the back road to Murwullimbah tomorrow, to take some dawn photos of Mt Warning.
Cheers for the welcome

Looking forward to seeing your photos. The Gold Coast and surrounding areas is a beautiful place, actually all of Australia is beautiful but I could be biased.

Ironwood

Welcome to the forum.
I am from a bit further north, Mackay.
Photography is a great hobby and rewarding pastime, and this forum is great for filling in the time while you are not out taking photos.
​Have fun.

Lawrence

Welcome to the forum.

Photography sure beats the hell out of drinking although I am just finishing my first beer for the day. Cheers!

fotojack

Welcome, Geordie. Sounds like a good Scottish name. :) Nice to see you addicted to a better pasttime. ;) Probably a lot cheaper in the long run, eh? :)
Anyway...enjoy, and looking forward to seeing some of your shots.
Happy shooting.

BackdoorArts

Welcome to Nikonites. I've often thought I should shoot more and drink less, so maybe I'll join you. :)

Looking forward to seeing your shots.

singlerosa_RIP

You can combine the two hobbies...

schlafly.jpg

stella2 (1 of 1).jpg

GeordieRover

Would really like to say thanks, to all of you for making me feel welcome, today I lost all sense of time, taking about 100 photos of two beautiful Parrots/Rosellas, sitting in a tree.

I have never even looked at birds..well not the furry featherd kind at least..until today.
Had worked out the Macro lense attatchment yesterday....stayed sober and spent about four hours taking various photos.
I know you all will already know what Iam saying, but wow, a new world in the morning has just begun.
No more beer until after midday, at least.
Yes , things to be done.
Cheers everyone.

Scott Murray

Would really like to say thanks, to all of you for making me feel welcome, today I lost all sense of time, taking about 100 photos of two beautiful Parrots/Rosellas, sitting in a tree.

I have never even looked at birds..well not the furry featherd kind at least..until today.
Had worked out the Macro lense attatchment yesterday....stayed sober and spent about four hours taking various photos.
I know you all will already know what Iam saying, but wow, a new world in the morning has just begun.
No more beer until after midday, at least.
Yes , things to be done.
Cheers everyone.

I love the macro world and have been with out my car for around a month so I have been developing my skills in this area. And morning/evenings are best for insects etc as they are quite sluggish if in a cold climate. Also look around at night time you may find a damsel or dragon fly perched on a bush that you can get extremely close to even within tuching distance. Be sure to post some photos for our perusal.