Made the Switch!

Bennybrains

My name is Ben, Im from Brisbane Australia, currently travelling around North America and I'm pleased to say i have just made the switch from Canon to Nikon!! I purchased a D7100 and couldn't be happier. I'm excited to explore this site to and learn as much as i can from you all! :D

Bennybrains

To be honest I've only been doing photography for a couple of months. I was using my sisters 'hand me down' Canon 400d and a sigma 18-250 lens i bought for it. As my interest grew. i started looking into a better camera around the $1500 range. so it really came down to the D7100 or the Canon 70d, i don't really care for video so decided on making the witch to Nikon before i had invested anymore money in Canon.

PapaST

To be honest I've only been doing photography for a couple of months. I was using my sisters 'hand me down' Canon 400d and a sigma 18-250 lens i bought for it. As my interest grew. i started looking into a better camera around the $1500 range. so it really came down to the D7100 or the Canon 70d, i don't really care for video so decided on making the witch to Nikon before i had invested anymore money in Canon.

That's cool, I was just curious. Anyways, you've definitely come to a great place to get the most out of your investment.

Last edited:

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Ben. Smart move on moving to Nikon. You will never regret it. :)

So you're travelling around North America. Whereabouts are you now?

Lee

Welcome Ben!! Hope you're testing out that D7100 in anger so you can share some pics and chatter with us :)

Ironwood

Welcome Ben. You have made a good choice of camera, and also good choice of forum.
​You can learn plenty here in a friendly atmosphere.

Bennybrains

Thanks Everyone!
Jack, Im Currently in Colorado. I'm actually waiting for my Canadian working holiday visa to come through then i will be making my way up there!

Howdy! Good time to be in Colorado with many of the leaves changing. Here it was 17 degrees last night so our leaves will likely change to brown quickly.