Hello Nikonites

framemeister

I am a relative beginner who has just had my Nikon DSLR delivered and I am seeking your expert help in attempting to master landscape photography. My immediate request is for advice on acquiring and using filters, particularly CPL and UV. Thank you for reading my introduction.

singlerosa_RIP

Welcome to Nikonites. There are many videos on YouTube regarding the use CPLs. There are two camps on use of UV. Most of today's lenses are coated to prevent UV light, so the UV filter is more of a protection device than anything else. I prefer a lens hood.

fotojack

I am a relative beginner who has just had my Nikon DSLR delivered...

And which DSLR would that be? :) This is why we ask that the profile be filled out, so we know what equipment you're talking about. :)

And welcome to Nikonites. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here. Enjoy. :)

carguy

I am a relative beginner who has just had my Nikon DSLR delivered and I am seeking your expert help in attempting to master landscape photography. My immediate request is for advice on acquiring and using filters, particularly CPL and UV. Thank you for reading my introduction.
Welcome :)