G'day from Brisbane Australia

dramtastic

Hi,
Brian here from Brisbane Australia. Inspired by a trip to the Bolivian Pampas last year I have decided to take photography a little more seriously. Hard to believe I was taking shots with our Lumix TZ30. Was happy enough at the time but knew it could have been better photo wise.
My first SLR. yes without the D, was a Nikon back in 1985. As a backpacker I soon realized it was a pain to lug around a heavy camera bag full of equipment and sold it all. It's taken me almost 30 years to get over that and as my partner and I flash pack at worse and in luxury at best, it's no longer a chore to sling a Lowepro over the shoulders.
I am lucky to have a good mate who is a semi-pro Nikon shooter. Handy if I every need to borrow his 70-200 2.8 VR : ). As I am sure he is already over me sending him every other photo I take I thought I would now take my new obsession out on the good folk here.
I am also whisky blogger specializing in Japanese whisky.
The Japanese Whisky Review | By Dramtastic
I used to spend a lot of time on various whisky forums and was a serial pest, I mean poster. Seems like whisky and photography are a good match as quite a few people on whisky forums are keen amateur photographers as well.
I am shooting with a Nikon D7000 as they are now quite a bargain since the release of the D7100. The only problem I have had with back/front or any other type of focus problems have been user error. I am an obsessive researcher of anything I am interested in.
First lenses are the Nikon 50mm f1.8d. What a cracking lens for about 150 bucks. Also bought a light travel lens, the Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 dc macro os hsm. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but versatile. I just posted some pics of Great Eastern Egrets BIF taken with lens. Not bad considering how soft it is at 250mm. Should have my Sigma af 100-300mm f4 if hsm apo by tomorrow. Already have the Sig APO EX HSM 1.4 tele to attach. Yes, starting out with as many bargain options as possible while I learn my craft. Main interest will be wildlife and general travel. I have travelled to over 50 countries in the last 29 years, normally taking 3-4 trips OS every year with my partner Nicole.
Regards
Brian

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Now let's see some of those photos.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.