Newbie from Eastern Canada ( Sheshatshiu, Labrador)

Jimbo

Hello Nikonites,
My names is Jimbo I am very New to this adventure and is excited !!!. Why I joined? my cellphone takes crappy pictures and wished I had good camera to take the scenes that I saw. I am in Awe by my house I live by a river that flows out to a lake. I am interested in taking scenery shots, dusk shots, sunsets, shot of the stars, moving water with slow shutter speeds,portraits of my family and some sports shots(hockey). So I Need help on the basics of DSLR, photography and lenses. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I just got my new camera a week ago I took some shots and still haven't uploaded my pics. Still didn't even install software for my Imac.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome Jimbo, please tell us which camera you bought with which lens.

​Enjoy your Nikon (I hope it's a Nikon that you bought) :)

Jimbo

Thank you guys. I thought I did fill out my info yesterday but i guess not. Well its there now. I bought a d5200 bundle which includes a 18-55mm and 55-300mm.

Silven

Thank you guys. I thought I did fill out my info yesterday but i guess not. Well its there now. I bought a d5200 bundle which includes a 18-55mm and 55-300mm.

​Great choice Jimbo and welcome. You'll be amazed at what you can do with that camera. Now for some software to help your photographs be all you envisioned them to be when you took them. Cheers.