Date Imprint

tlswope

good day

i was wondering if anyone knows of a setting or solution to remove the date imprint on my photos. somehow the date imprint setting was on my camera and now i have a ton of images with this - is it possible to remove it? i've disabled the auto setting for future images.

thanks in advance

fotojack

I don't have a D3100, but if I'm not mistaken, the setting to remove date imprinting should be in your Custom Settings Menu or the Setup Menu. Consult your owners manual for more information.

tlswope

I don't have a D3100, but if I'm not mistaken, the setting to remove date imprinting should be in your Custom Settings Menu or the Setup Menu. Consult your owners manual for more information.

thanks Jack! i've gotten the setting corrected, but i was wondering if there's a way to remove the existing imprint on images already containing the date imprint.
​-t

Dave_W

The Dude
thanks Jack! i've gotten the setting corrected, but i was wondering if there's a way to remove the existing imprint on images already containing the date imprint.
​-t

Unfortunately, I believe the only way to remove it is with Photoshop. I made this mistake with a point and shoot some 10 yrs ago. It's a pain in the butt and a very slow process but it can be done.

kennjones1935

I have the opposite problem. How do I activate the Date/Time stamp on the pictures as I take them. It worked for a while then I must have done something. Now the only option I have in "Date Imprint" is OFF.

I have the opposite problem. How do I activate the Date/Time stamp on the pictures as I take them. It worked for a while then I must have done something. Now the only option I have in "Date Imprint" is OFF.

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Fill out your profile and be sure to include the model Nikon camera you have so that we can help you.