I think...I think I yam

Razpewton

Greetings from beautiful sunny/rainy/sunny/rainy/sunny/rainy Florida!! Just picked up my D600 today, so decided to join a forum of Nikonites to talk about thangs. I've been using a D80 for several years and decided to upgrade. I was wanting a D300, but Best Buy was out of stock, so went with a D600.

Very pleased to meet you.

Last edited:

fotojack

Welcome, Raz. Smart man for wanting a D300. :) Too bad you couldn't find one. Oh well...the D600 will just have to do, right? ;)

Razpewton

Welcome, Raz. Smart man for wanting a D300. :) Too bad you couldn't find one. Oh well...the D600 will just have to do, right? ;)

Jack, could you summarize the differences between the D600 and the D300? What's the advantage the 300 has over the 600? Does the 300 have any dust/oil spot issues? I wanted the D300 but they didn't have them in stock, SO I felt the 600 would fill the with it's 24 meg capacity. Snapsort rated the 600 higher. Any insight you could provide me with would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Scott Murray

Jack, could you summarize the differences between the D600 and the D300? What's the advantage the 300 has over the 600? Does the 300 have any dust/oil spot issues? I wanted the D300 but they didn't have them in stock, SO I felt the 600 would fill the with it's 24 meg capacity. Snapsort rated the 600 higher. Any insight you could provide me with would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum.

I think Jack was joking regarding the D600 and D300 ;)

Moab Man

LOL! He was kidding. The D600 is leaps and bounds above the D300 minus the propensity for some D600's spotting.

fotojack

Well...kidding would be a strong word in this case. :) The main difference, of course, is the D300 is a DX camera...the D600 a full frame (FX) camera. And.....most here who know me, know that I just LOVE the D300! I don't need more than the 12.3 MP it provides. DX lenses are much cheaper than FX lenses, too. :)