Small Grasshopper

WeeHector

Until I took up photography seriously in May I saw little of what went on around me. Now I can spot the tiniest spider from long range. This evening I discovered this little guy sheltering from the rain under a 2cm diameter handrail on a boat. I've decided to do this with two photos as the original scene is interesting. There is,therefore, a minor crop and a close-up.

Grasshopper 2.jpg

Grasshopper 2a.jpg

40mm
f5/6, 1/125th sec, ISO 100

Last edited:

Pretzel

Until I took up photography seriously in May I saw little of what went on around me. Now I can spot the tiniest spider from long range.

I'm the same way. Someone laughed at me the other day and said, "You see a photo opp in EVERYTHING!" She was right. I do. :)

WeeHector

I've always been fascinated by insects and spiders, but now using a camera, I can finally see them up close! Lol :D

That was the reason I bought mine. It was just the idea of getting really close to them but it has gone way beyond what I ever hoped for. :D

WeeHector

Mea Culpa! I did some checking up and found that this is not a grasshopper but a Tettigoniid, known in the US as a Katydid and as a Bush-cricket in the UK. It's just amazing what photography can teach you. ;)