Wi-Fi SD Cards

MPSanSouci

I've searched the forum, to the best of my ability, and I have not found any postings regarding these new 'Wi-Fi SD cards'.

It seems that these 'Wi-Fi SD Cards' have been getting a lot of publicity lately. I've been reading a lot of different articles on them and was wondering what the 'consensus' is about them here.

Are these new cards really worth the extra dollars?

I've been using the Transcend 64GB SecureDigital Class 10 SDHC cards with my D5200; which does not have the Wi-Fi built in. I do not "really" need the Wi-Fi capability all the time, so I was curious on what everyone thought of these new cards.

Let me know your thoughts .. please.

Michael

I've searched the forum, to the best of my ability, and I have not found any postings regarding these new 'Wi-Fi SD cards'.

It seems that these 'Wi-Fi SD Cards' have been getting a lot of publicity lately. I've been reading a lot of different articles on them and was wondering what the 'consensus' is about them here.

Are these new cards really worth the extra dollars?

I've been using the Transcend 64GB SecureDigital Class 10 SDHC cards with my D5200; which does not have the Wi-Fi built in. I do not "really" need the Wi-Fi capability all the time, so I was curious on what everyone thought of these new cards.

Let me know your thoughts .. please.

Michael

What you are looking for is the Pro X2 | Eye-Fi card.

I think there a number of threads here that go over those cards at length.

http://nikonites.com/general-digital-slr-cameras/2302-eye-fi-sd-card.html#axzz2dZlY1TqK