It's not just the D600s with dust.

Blade Canyon

Ever since the D600 became notorious for dust/oil on the sensor, I've started noticing those spots in many other photographs, especially blue sky shots. Here's a pic my friend posted of himself skydiving. I don't know what the camera was, but this pic was made before the D600 ever came out. Look at all the dust spots. So, relax D600 owners, it's not just us. 31_n.jpg

Funny, I never noticed these spots before the D600 flap.

I'm not saying that people did not have very negative experiences, especially with oil, on the D600 sensor, or that dust/oil is acceptable. Just that the "need to clean" goes with every DSLR at some point.

Last edited:

Krs_2007

Well anyone else want a new model to come out, just let me buy the existing one and you will get your wish. Figures, I buy the 600 a few days later they are talking about a 610.

BackdoorArts

When I look at this, and then take into account the "hypothetical" new FX camera from whatever that camera shop was that was taking $100 deposits (thread elsewhere) and assume they are one in the same, then I have to assume that the decision to brand it as a 610 and not a 710 (which the specs seem to better correspond to) is pure marketing babble. Unless they're saying that the 6xx series will be forever the "consumer FX" line. Either way, I would hate to see the D600 disappear, particularly if the sensor is being replaced. I love my 600 and would mourn the loss of that sensor technology (but not the shutter).

Rick M

Well anyone else want a new model to come out, just let me buy the existing one and you will get your wish. Figures, I buy the 600 a few days later they are talking about a 610.

Probably wont come out for months after it is announced and be more expensive. Better to enjoy now than think of what may be.

Rick M

When I look at this, and then take into account the "hypothetical" new FX camera from whatever that camera shop was that was taking $100 deposits (thread elsewhere) and assume they are one in the same, then I have to assume that the decision to brand it as a 610 and not a 710 (which the specs seem to better correspond to) is pure marketing babble. Unless they're saying that the 6xx series will be forever the "consumer FX" line. Either way, I would hate to see the D600 disappear, particularly if the sensor is being replaced. I love my 600 and would mourn the loss of that sensor technology (but not the shutter).

I agree, I wouldn't want to see a different sensor, just the lack of the LP filter. But if that was the plan, I guess it would be called a D600E.

ajsorrell

If they offer the D610, it will be interesting if the D600 is still available... The typical question from a not so informed consumer would be "whats the difference"? If told "one has a dust and oil problem", I think all consumers would steer clear... Death of the D600?

Rick M

I think they will add something to make it at least appear to be an upgrade. Replacing it without an obvious advantage would be admitting they made a mistake, which i think is unlikely. I enjoy the speculation anyway :)

Bill16

If it helps lower the price of the D600 to where I can get one, then I'm all for it! Lol :D
But I suppose if the D610 or whatever it will be called goes over big here, then I'll be jonesing for it instead! Lol :D