Lightning Shot

Moab Man

I have wanted to capture lightning but to date all of the thunderheads have pretty much internalized their lightning. Tonight though I finally had a late to the party chance to shoot a few shots before the rain hit. Not sure yet how I like the editing... the bluish purple or the grayer coloring.

D7100, 11 mm, f/8, 30s, ISO 100

Double.jpg
Single.jpg

I have wanted to capture lightning but to date all of the thunderheads have pretty much internalized their lightning. Tonight though I finally had a late to the party chance to shoot a few shots before the rain hit. Not sure yet how I like the editing... the bluish purple or the grayer coloring.

D7100, 11 mm, f/8, 30s, ISO 100

View attachment 50028

Both are good captures but I like the color better on this one.

Moab Man

Thank you everyone. I have been patiently waiting for almost a year to successfully capture lightning. Tonight we are suppose to have late afternoon thunderstorms again, crossing my fingers for another opportunity.

Thank you everyone. I have been patiently waiting for almost a year to successfully capture lightning. Tonight we are suppose to have late afternoon thunderstorms again, crossing my fingers for another opportunity.

I have yet to get a good shot of lightening. It is usually hidden in the clouds or the rain is so torrential that I would not go out in it to shoot. We have a small hill that overlooks the City of Montgomery which is about 10 miles away so I have a panoramic view. I am waiting till I see a storm coming from that direction and I am going to go out there an hope to get a few shots.

Moab Man

These are some of my latest lightning photos. I figured rather than start a new thread I will just continue this one and update it as lightning presents itself and I have time to edit what I have already captured.

DSC_6478_9_17_2013.jpg

DSC_6464_9_17_2013.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice shots George, see if you could get rid of the yellow cast on the house in your vertical shot. I think it might help to make it even stronger.