New Nikonite from South Texas

Robalero

Greetings Nikonites from deep south Texas here. Recently retired and have decided to get back to my SLR photography roots. I was a big time hobbyist back in the 70s and 80s and was a devout Cannon enthusiast. Began with an AE 1 then moved over to the A 1, it was a short time after that when I purchased my T90. What an awesome camera that was. Life, family, and a tighter budget sort of put an end to my hobby. I was a pretty decent hobbyist and learned a lot of things such as the sunny f-16 rule, the rule of thirds, depth of field etc, etc, etc.

A year before I retired I purchased a Nikon D-40 and fell in love with the SLR again. Moved on to a D-5100, and just two months ago on the day after my retirement I purchased a D-7000. Wow, I have to tell you, it's like I've been reborn. And then to find a community like this online, what a bonus! I look forward to reading all the wisdom that is found here!

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for filling out your profile so we can better answer any questions that you might have.

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Now lets see some great photos

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.