Yongnuo 560 III or Yongnuo YN-468 I

Petar212

Hi everyone,

Can I ask your opinion about these two flashes Yongnuo 560 III and Yongnuo YN-468 II.
Which one would you recommend to buy as a first flash? Im on a budget and looking to learn, my camera is a Nikon d3100. I read some good reviews about both of them and wanted to see what is your take on them. Thanks in advance guys :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RockyNH_RIP

Hi everyone,

Can I ask your opinion about these two flashes Yongnuo 560 III and Yongnuo YN-468 II.
Which one would you recommend to buy as a first flash? Im on a budget and looking to learn, my camera is a Nikon d3100. I read some good reviews about both of them and wanted to see what is your take on them. Thanks in advance guys :)

The 560 series is a manual flash... the 468 has an auto TTL mode ...

Pat in NH

Petar212

The 560 series is a manual flash... the 468 has an auto TTL mode ...

Pat in NH

Thank you for your answer. What do you think would be better for the first flash? Having TTL or learning manual? What does "auto" TTL mode mean exactly? Sorry for nob question. I am just starting, but really want to learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

RockyNH_RIP

Thank you for your answer. What do you think would be better for the first flash? Having TTL or learning manual? What does "auto" TTL mode mean exactly? Sorry for nob question. I am just starting, but really want to learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

The answer really depends on why you want to buy a flash... If you are looking to learn off camera strobist type stuff, manual can be a good thing. If in fact, this is your first flash, you want to use on camera, learn bounce techniques etc... I would suggest starting with a TTL unit. (Auto TTL means it sets the flash power automatically based on the camera settings.

If you start that way... you can use it right away, still put it in manual mode and learn that, so you have more options and when it is on the camera, it will work in auto flash mode. The 560 will not.

I bought TTL 1st (Nikon SB700) and then when I wanted to learn more off camera techniques, I add a manual 560.

I am pretty sure that your 3100 does NOT have a built in Commander mode... my 5100 did not, but that will come later.

Hope this is some help!

Pat in NH

Horoscope Fish

I think you'd be better off with a Yongnuo YN-468-II or Yongnuo YN-565 EX.

Both have TTL and both will let you play in Manual mode when and if you want to.

Ijustwant1

Hi everyone,

Hi ! I have both the 560-II and 468-II and like them both, if I could only have one of them I would choose the YN560-II as it is the more powerful one and learning how to use manual wont take you long with a bit of practus and YouTube searching ! :cool:

Petar212

Thank you for your replays. I will probably go for yn468 II to start with and give myself some time to learn. Might get pair of radio controllers as well to give me more flexibility. Am I right in thinking that I can use yn468 II as an optical slave to my camera pop up flash to start with?

Ijustwant1

Thank you for your replays. I will probably go for yn468 II to start with and give myself some time to learn. Might get pair of radio controllers as well to give me more flexibility. Am I right in thinking that I can use yn468 II as an optical slave to my camera pop up flash to start with?
you sure can , I bought three yn603n triggers for AU$50.00 and am more than happy with them ! you can have one on your flash one on your camera and the other one as a remote trigger ! Brilliant :cool:

Petar212

Hi John,

I will be using it on camera to start with. I have been reading on cool things you can do with flash of camera, so I will be trying it out for sure. I have ordered yn - 468 II. So as soon as it arrives I will start practicing and learning.