SacrificeTheory

9518310230_12bfbb5e41_b.jpg

Nikon D7100
f-stop - 5.6
ISO-400
Exposure - 125
Shot at 14mm with Nikon 14-24 wide angle lens

mikew_RIP

Really beautiful scene,would you consider removing the poles on the tree line and i think a bit of road showing,dont know about the bridge it may be important to you but the picture works with and with out it.

mike

donaldjledet

Dang when I looked didn't even notice the poles and road.
Wow but after reading ya'll seeing I went back and looked and then saw them.
My eyes really need to pay attention to what I'm looking at in photos.
Something else I just learned.
Thanks

Dang when I looked didn't even notice the poles and road.
Wow but after reading ya'll seeing I went back and looked and then saw them.
My eyes really need to pay attention to what I'm looking at in photos.
Something else I just learned.
Thanks

Something I learned a long time ago before digital and PhotoShop was to look at the scene and not just as the subject. I took a absolutely wonderful photo of what was then my young bride. The scene was beautiful, I had her sitting on a rock jutting out over a cliff with a valley and another hill in the distance. I was so proud of the shot. I got home and developed the film and heated up the chemistry to print the photo IN COLOR. I got the print done and the composition was perfect. The color was perfect. The lighting was perfect. My vision was transformed to paper perfectly. Or at least I though it was. After looking at the print for an hour I noticed a cigarette butt at my wife's feet. From that point on that was all I could see in that photo. I PhotoShop it would take me just a minute with content aware healing brush to remove it but in the olden days it was almost impossible with the knowledge and equipment I had. Now we have the technology to remove all sorts of things. As the people who follow my photos knows I love to shoot at the zoo. You see fences, buildings and all sorts of things in the shots.
before_after.jpg
In this shot I took what I had and looked at it critically and made it into what I thought it should be. To me I took an interesting shot to two birds in the same pose and made it into a great picture.

I think now that Post Processing is almost as important as the original shot.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I like this shot but think the foreground is overly saturated. You could unsaturated the water to get rid of this blue cast and it would make the shot better IMHO.

Dr Daniels

That's really a great shot!

The only thing that doesn't work for me (to be taken with a pinch of salt) is that it has that HDR look. Now this is quite a controversial territory in photography, and I understand that there might be just as many people who like HDR as those who don't. I'm afraid I'm part of the latter. The only HDR photographs that I like are those which one cannot tell whether it was HDR processed or not.

But having said that, your photograph is great. :D

Last edited: