What car(s) do you drive?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I purchased a 2004 SRT-4 in 2006. It's pushing 450hp and can run 11's in the 1/4 mile. Needless to say, it's not my daily driver. lol I'm currently trying to sell it, but it's been really fun to drive.

n31700281_32645358_507.jpg

(I didn't take the pic)

Ruidoso Bill

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and my baby 1993 Z28 Camaro I bought new and now has 31K miles. Almost forgot my other baby a 2002 Harley RoadGlide, 95" Kit, cams etc.

Carolina Photo Guy

Since I have this little problem with Sudden Cardiac Arrest, I don't drive any more.
How-ever, my favorite vehicle that I have ever driven was a '66 Dodge 4WD PowerWagon Army Ambulance.
That damn meat wagon would climb a tree given half a chance!

Pete

Browncoat

2002 Dream Cruiser. Each model year, Chrysler makes a limited run of special edition cars that feature unique paint and all factory options. They all have serial number plates mounted right on the dash. It's a great little car and makes all the grandmas at the grocery store jealous.

2002_chrysler_pt_dream_cruiser_100004513_s.jpg

johnwartjr

That SRT-4 must not be stock :) I remember when the model was new, and it had about half of that.

I drive old cars and put my money into pinball machines and camera gear!

I've been driving a 95 Thunderbird SC since 2002 or so. It is starting to get a little rough and a little tired, but I do most of my own wrenching on it. I hope to get at least another 3-4 years out of it before it gets too expensive to maintain or becomes unreliable. Drive it 12 months of the year, it gets a little interesting in snow, but does dang well. I don't mind RWD in snow. I figure it has somewhere around 200k on it, but the odo quit years ago at 118,800 :)

I haul my pinball machines in a 1990 Dodge Ram with a liftgate. It has about 250k miles on it. I bought it for $400 from an Arcade route operator I bought ~30 pinball machines from a few years ago.

Wife has a 1996 Explorer that does a good job hauling our kids and dealing with the occasional snowstorm in the winter. It's got about 140k on it, bought it from my folks who bought it new. Only downside to it is the higher cost of maintenance - not a lot I can do to it in my driveway, although I did have a good time changing the rear leaf spring shackles on it earlier this year with my wife's uncle. Granted, he has a lift!

Carolina Photo Guy

You just made it REAL EASY to find out where you live.
This is not a good idea. You need to blur your plate ASAP.

In this world of nutballs, you can't be too careful.

Pete

Ruidoso Bill

Hope to be Driving soon (this spring) 2003 Anniversary Corvette Convertible in anniversary red (nice burgandy), I am looking now and have been for the past 6 months for the right one. My son just bought a black 03 Corvette Z06, awesome car also. This purchase will be my after midlife crisis car.

AfterImage

You just made it REAL EASY to find out where you live.
This is not a good idea. You need to blur your plate ASAP.

In this world of nutballs, you can't be too careful.

Pete

Thanks for your concern but it's just as easy to see my plates while I'm driving down the street. I've belonged to several car club forums over the years and I've never heard of an instance of trouble. I think it's like that myth about bad people and Halloween candy; fear overrides reality.

AfterImage

Hope to be Driving soon (this spring) 2003 Anniversary Corvette Convertible in anniversary red (nice burgandy), I am looking now and have been for the past 6 months for the right one. My son just bought a black 03 Corvette Z06, awesome car also. This purchase will be my after midlife crisis car.

I was looking at the Vettes too. the wife gave me a choice of buying either a pricey sports car or a more modest car and a having $$$ left over for gear. ;)

Me: I drive a '98 Subaru Forester with nearly 232k on the odometer. She's sitting on a set of Subaru WRX struts with Prodrive lowering springs and WRX rear swaybar for handling. She's about 4.5 inches lower than stock, and has fun doing auto-x or running over the river and through the woods to my parents' house (google Hwy 175, Hopland, CA and scroll east) we go.

My wife (and I get to drive sometimes): She drives a 2004 Subaru Forester XT. XT standing for Xtra TURBO, her vehicle is set up for sheer speed. On the track, she's proven to the "Ultimate Driving Machine" owner that he's umm, is not the owner of said machine. Enhancements include Subaru Impreza STI turbo, intercooler, front brakes, control arms, lateral links, sway bar, Swift lowering springs, upgraded Legacy GT rear brakes, ECU tuning to push 18.2 lbs. of turbo boost, among other enhancements. There's nearly 300WHP going through all four wheels, as well as a pavement-abusing 350 ft.-lbs. of torque to propel this automatic transmission equipped Forester from 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and down the 1/4 in the low 13's.

Ruidoso Bill

I was looking at the Vettes too. the wife gave me a choice of buying either a pricey sports car or a more modest car and a having $$$ left over for gear. ;)

Know what you mean, my D300 lengthened my time of purchase. I'm 62 and have always wanted a vette, needs to be a C5 cause I'm 6'3". I thought I used up my last Bucket List request on the Harley but found a new tactic, just mention a strong interest in professional gambling, then say it's either the gambling or a vette. lol She does love me!

LensWork

My everyday drive is a 2002 Ford Escape. Fun car is a '94 Lincoln Mark VIII with a "mildly" warmed (505 HP) all-aluminum, DOHC 4.6L V8. Bike is a 2005 Suzuki Bandit 1200/SZ Limited Edition.

Today I saw probably the most amazing paint scheme on a car I have ever seen:

_MAL2487.jpg_MAL2469.jpg_MAL2483.jpg_MAL2475.jpg_MAL2490.jpg_MAL2478.jpg_MAL2470.jpg_MAL2486.jpg_MAL2477.jpg

This Camaro tribute to "American Pride" was HAND PAINTED, it is NOT a wrap!