My first attempt at HDR

Nekro

So i really looking at everyones HDR photos and I wanted to start doing, just love the way it looks. So here are two photos I did using 3 photos on my D5100.
Backyard.jpgChili HDr.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
Not too shabby for your first time out. While you're perusing different HDR programs, download Nik's HDR Pro 2. I have both Photomatix and Nik's HDR but think I like Nik's program a little better. Both are certainly worth having, that's for sure. Also, Nik allows you a 15 day free trial (or is it 30 days?) and unlike Photomatix, it's fully functional during the the trial period.

Nekro

An thats that Nik HDR pro 2 for $149? Looks like a cool software, ill have to do the trial first. The price is a little steep.....

Dave_W

The Dude
An thats that Nik HDR pro 2 for $149? Looks like a cool software, ill have to do the trial first. The price is a little steep.....

No, that's the cost for the entire collection that includes Silver Efex, Viveza, etc. It used to be $500+ before Google purchased Nik and the people who purchased it at $500 thought it was worth it, so at $149 it's a steal.

BackdoorArts

It's $149 for the entire bundle, which also includes Dfine 2.0 (noise reduction), Viveza 2 and Color Efex Pro 4 (editing and color filtering) and Silver Efex Pro 2 (might be the best B&W conversion tool out there). That's an amazing value for the money.

Slipperman

i went out to Nik's site and after downloading i tried installing it and found it can only be installed as an add-on. it prompts you with a dialog from which you're supposed to select from a list of host programs but nothing shows up in my list including Photomatix which i do have installed (trial). so what's up? can't these apps run stand alone?

Dave_W

The Dude
i went out to Nik's site and after downloading i tried installing it and found it can only be installed as an add-on. it prompts you with a dialog from which you're supposed to select from a list of host programs but nothing shows up in my list including Photomatix which i do have installed (trial). so what's up? can't these apps run stand alone?

No, these are plug-ins for either Aperture, Photoshop or Lightroom.