Not sure where to start

Jahendo

So I've been looking for feedback from others who do their own photography, and have more experience than I do. Most of my friends really seem to enjoy what I've taken in the last couple months, and I like a lot of them, but there is always room for improvement. I'm hoping maybe a few people can give me some insight and things to try on a daily basis, and give their opinions as well. I find outside opinions are a lot more unbiased, and I welcome that.

I'd post them here, but my wife has commandeered the computer for school, and who knows when I'll get a chance to use it again in the near future. Yay for tablets!

This may seem like self-promotion, but I assure you the only thing I'm trying to gain is knowledge and wisdom. All the pictures I'm Demarest proud of are on my SmugMug, jahendo.smugmug.com

​Leave comments there, here, or privately, up to you. Thanks! I look forward to being a bigger part of this community! :)

Bill16

You can upload from a tablet. I use my Xoom tablet to do post processing and then upload my photos. So you should be able to share your photos here if you'd like. You can even use an image link when your photos are stored on another site as long as that site hasn't set up a redirect to prevent it. :)
Here is an example of what I was able to do using just my tablet with ps touch and my nikon D3100. :D

1375563790873.jpg

1376072340250.jpg

1376073536268.jpg

Jahendo

I'll admit to a little shopping on that Camaro. I know absolutely NOTHING when it comes to PS, but gave it a while and added a tilt/shift to it and the Volvo, as the shutter was way too fast for it to show movement. We were doing 75 next to the Camaro, and about 50 next to the Volvo, but they were absolutely still. Haha.

Bill, I'll give it a try. My wife relinquished the Mac, so we're back in full swing. :)

Jahendo

Lol. It's ok. I hardly use it. As I said, I know absolutely NOTHING about PS. Any color fine-tuning I do in iPhoto, which seems to work well enough. My wife uses PS for school and graphic design stuff. I'll get around to learning it in the future, but right now I'd rather focus on taking pictures well enough I don't need it. :)

Lol. It's ok. I hardly use it. As I said, I know absolutely NOTHING about PS. Any color fine-tuning I do in iPhoto, which seems to work well enough. My wife uses PS for school and graphic design stuff. I'll get around to learning it in the future, but right now I'd rather focus on taking pictures well enough I don't need it. :)

You will always need Post Processing. Modern Digital cameras need it to get where we think they need to be.

Jahendo

I've gotten pretty decent at adjusting the sliders on contrast, highlights, shadows, levels...etc. Photos come out pretty decent on the camera, but I have noticed I need to mess a bit with the colors to get them just right. Still learning the use of White Balance and such as well.

Jahendo

sunset1.jpg
sunset2.jpg

Took a couple shots using my buddies 55-200mm lens. I live right on a canyon, and this was the view I had about 20 minutes ago.