D800 Hicup

Sambr

I bought my D800 last Aug 16th 2012, since then there are 9000 actuations without a single problem, until this morning I was out shooting some wildlife everything great until I got home, download the files all okay except for a dozen spots. I tried blowing them out nada so it's off to Nikon for a good cleaning & checkup. As a rule I send my gear in once a year anyways for a cleaning & adjustments. I suspect these are oil spots I couldn't remove them with my "Rocket Blower" I would wet clean it however, the D800 is still under warranty until the 16th of this month before the factory warranty runs out. I bought an additional 2 years of warranty when I purchased it. I am in the insurance business so I practice what I preach or rather sell :) So hopefully they don't take long to fix it - I heard in these "oil spot" cases they replace the shutter on the D800's. It remains to be seen I will keep you posted.

Bill16

Since August 16 is my birthday I hope it brings you luck, and that you get a new shutter mech on your insurance! :D
Fingers crossed for ya! :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I sent my D800E 1 month before the warranty expired to have the unusual battery drain checked. Of course it was an operator error on my settings which caused it to drain the batteries faster but Nikon cleaned the sensor as their standard practice, check AF, and basically make it look as new.

Sambr

I sent my D800E 1 month before the warranty expired to have the unusual battery drain checked. Of course it was an operator error on my settings which caused it to drain the batteries faster but Nikon cleaned the sensor as their standard practice, check AF, and basically make it look as new.

I not concerned, I'm sure they will fix it. It worked flawlessly for a year. I was going to send it in for a cleaning before the 16th of this month. In Nov. the D4 will be sent in for cleaning just as a matter of practice .