D5000 Lack of discussion

Toddw

I just bought a used D5000 and love it so far. In reading though I've found there is not a lot of discussion about it. I see alot of D5100 and 5200. Why is that? Is it not a popular model or not widely used or appreciated or is it older than what I was thinking? It works great for me and takes wonderful pictures for me and I'm not at all unsatisfied. I do find myself eyeing the D7000 though but not for an immediate purchase. Also what's the difference between the 5000 and the 5100 & 5200? Someone told me it was just the next two year models.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

RockyNH_RIP

I just bought a used D5000 and love it so far. In reading though I've found there is not a lot of discussion about it. I see alot of D5100 and 5200. Why is that? Is it not a popular model or not widely used or appreciated or is it older than what I was thinking? It works great for me and takes wonderful pictures for me and I'm not at all unsatisfied. I do find myself eyeing the D7000 though but not for an immediate purchase. Also what's the difference between the 5000 and the 5100 & 5200? Someone told me it was just the next two year models.

Don has already addressed the differences... I think you are seeing that it is an older camera and many have moved on to newer equipment... Do not let that deter you!!! You have a quality consumer camera.. Take pictures, lots of them!! :) Learn the camera and the craft! The craft cares not what gear you have but rather your vision and ability to achieve it. You should be able to look at other threads about things that interest you, portraits, action, landscape etc.. and learn techniques to do the things that you like!

Enjoy!

Pat in NH

pedroj

Welcome...Old tech in the right hands can turn out great pics....Have fun and enjoy it...

Toddw

Ok. So it is that's its an older model. I'm curious about the age now. When and for how long was this model out? Thanks for all the responses.

Just-Clayton

I know when I compared my 3100 to the new 3200 all I saw was button placement was different. So, if you have a question about your 5000. Ask in the 5100 or 5200 posts. They should help you out. OH!! and welcome!!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I was using a D5000 as my primary up until about a month ago. Picked up a D7000 :)

Either way, like the others have said - it doesn't really matter what camera you have except for the small (sometimes expensive) differences in features. The process is still the same.