Why is there never anyone on this forum?

Smoke

Hello,
I have the D5200 and check here frequently for topics, questions and concerns but there is rarely anybody here. Is this not a popular camera? I love mine.....just asking.

Re: Why is there nevr anyone on this forum?

Hello,
I have the D5200 and check here frequently for topics, questions and concerns but there is rarely anybody here. Is this not a popular camera? I love mine.....just asking.

The D5200 is a relatively new camera so not as many here. BUT there are few things on that camera that is that different from all the other cameras so any questions you might have can probably be answered by many other people.

Also at any one time there are probably 250 people or so on the forum. Many are visitors or members that have not signed in but it is rare that there are less then 50 or so members signed on.

Smoke

The D5200 is a relatively new camera so not as many here. BUT there are few things on that camera that is that different from all the other cameras so any questions you might have can probably be answered by many other people.

Also at any one time there are probably 250 people or so on the forum. Many are visitors or members that have not signed in but it is rare that there are less then 50 or so members signed on.
OK Thanks!

Carolina Photo Guy

Hello,

SHHHH!
Everyone is hiding until they can surprise some guy named Smoke!
It's gonna scare the crap outa him!

Roy1961

Contributor

I usually just go to the latest posts and read from there, I am sure everyone reads the forum a bit different

I rarely ever look at what section of the forum I am in. I always look at "What's New" and it shows me all the posts I have not looked at.

http://nikonites.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Then I scan down and I can see which ones I want to look at first, Then which ones I need to read and then I can click on "Mark Read" to clear the others out of the "What's New" section so the next time I log in I will only see the newest ones.

Like I said earlier, there are so many topics here that are not camera specific that it does not really matter what section you are reading. I shoot the D5100 and there are probably not that many questions I can not answer about the D5200. The same goes for a large group of member here.

WhiteLight

This is how it is at this moment -

Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 6.34.56 AM.png

Even distribution :)
People usually check on latest posts AFAIK ...

(PS - can't believe there are so many in the D90 forum :p)

Pcar964

I just joined the forum, new 5200 owner here. I'm sure this forum will become more active over time. These at absolutely amazing cameras!

I just joined the forum, new 5200 owner here. I'm sure this forum will become more active over time. These at absolutely amazing cameras!

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

There may be posts from other D5200 owners, but sometimes the appropriate forum might be learning photography, telephoto, or something else. It all depends on the specific question.

Like Don said, go to the top left of the forum page and select New Posts. You might find other interesting discussions and most likely will come across posts and photos from other D5200 owners. :)

jrush78

Welcome to the two new people! I am new as well and with a D5200. I am sure this place will get hoping.. If not then we can all make it.. :)

I am new to DSLR and Photography so I have LOTS to learn. I posted one of my first pics in the welcome forum. I am about to start reading some articles on PhotographyLife.com titled Photography Tips for Beginners. Mainly the "Understand basics of photography" area, hopefully those will give me a better general understanding of how everything works together. Like the other day I took some I guess decent photos of the moon and city scape, I tried tonight and all black. First look at my photos in Lightroom I guess the other day I had my Aperture about 4, and tonight from tips on a forum about moon photos I had it about 11 and turned out all black. I also think using the 18-55 was not what the recommendation of f11 had in mind for a lens.

Welcome to the two new people! I am new as well and with a D5200. I am sure this place will get hoping.. If not then we can all make it.. :)

I am new to DSLR and Photography so I have LOTS to learn. I posted one of my first pics in the welcome forum. I am about to start reading some articles on PhotographyLife.com titled Photography Tips for Beginners. Mainly the "Understand basics of photography" area, hopefully those will give me a better general understanding of how everything works together. Like the other day I took some I guess decent photos of the moon and city scape, I tried tonight and all black. First look at my photos in Lightroom I guess the other day I had my Aperture about 4, and tonight from tips on a forum about moon photos I had it about 11 and turned out all black. I also think using the 18-55 was not what the recommendation of f11 had in mind for a lens.

You are going to have trouble getting a moon shot with the 18-55. It is really to short. With any shot you can't just change one thing and not change something else to compensate for it. Here is a moon shot I did yesterday and the settings are on the bottom of the photo. That might give you a good starting point.

dsc_6606.jpg