Just have not felt like going outside

SFC

I really want to go out in the desert and shoot some, but this is not the time of year for me Monsoon Season. It has been raining,not here but in the mountains and Arizona has what is known as Arizona's "Stupid Motorist Law" Stupid Motorist Law - Official Site of the City of Phoenix and where I live in Mesa, far East Mesa almost Apache Junction, Arizona. We are surrounded by mountains and we get "Flash Floods" all the time.

Even though, when it rains in Arizona, wheather it be Flagstaff, Globe, or here in the Superstition Mountains I end up with arthric pain attacks, having over 70% arthis throughout my body and to tell you the truth the Oxycodone and Gapapenten does not help all that much.

I will be trying to soon as there are plenty to view and take pictures

Dave_W

The Dude
Not to make light of your arthritis but doing a desert shoot filled with significant quantities of Oxycodone sounds like a really good time to me! ;)

But then again, I don't have any arthritis so I'm guessing my opinion might change if I did.

arthritis is not fun at all. I have the same problem. Already had to have one knee replaced. Back hurts and I know how it is. It takes a couple of hours most morning to get moving around. I just make the best of my good days and go shooing till I can't move anymore. Hope you get out and about and shooting soon.

jwstl

The worst flight I was ever on-and I used to fly a lot-was a July flight to Phoenix during a monsoon. We kept circling until we ran out of fuel and had to land. Bumpy doesn't even begin to describe that landing. I sill lovely Arizona and visit when I can. I'll be spending a week photographing Arizona this November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SFC

Not to make light of your arthritis but doing a desert shoot filled with significant quantities of Oxycodone sounds like a really good time to me! ;)

But then again, I don't have any arthritis so I'm guessing my opinion might change if I did.

Not really, in fact it is a Controlled Substance by VA and in every pharmacy in Arizona. I will say it is not Morphine and I have been on that several times during the Army and out, after surgery. Now that is a so nasty narcotic. VA allows me 5mg of Oxycone every 8 hours. I have to call the VA Substance Controlled two weeks before I run out. This is not a very wide window as I run out the new bottle arrives. Oxycodone, will take the edge off, as there is no acetaminophen or Aspirin, I am allergic to both.

SFC

arthritis is not fun at all. I have the same problem. Already had to have one knee replaced. Back hurts and I know how it is. It takes a couple of hours most morning to get moving around. I just make the best of my good days and go shooing till I can't move anymore. Hope you get out and about and shooting soon.

Due to my last major surgery on my left shoulder, the 15th since the Army. I almost did not recover as it took me over eight hours to recover asking for drink, I heard all Surgeons and Recovery Nurses with a sigh of relief as they brought me an ice chip. An hour later, I was told to get dressed and go home and wait for your doctor to call. When I did see my doctor, he said that is it, no more surgeries for you unless death threatening. He looked at me and said, be careful on the pistol and rifle range.

I have two knees that were all but destroyed back in 1969, along with left shoulder dislocated, left wrist broken, my lower back felt like gel as I was told by the Army Docs, left and right ankles, the Left was crushed, right was broken and I still have shrapnel. Do not ask; Very long story, but according to the Army it was during a "Training Exercise" Fourteen years later the Army said you are no longer physically fit for the Army, Really now what was the first clue and why did you keep me so long. Your technical experience is no longer needed and we no long need people who speak Russian.

Yep, I can agree to that, even though I have arthris in all the joints. When I do have a bad day, I cannot move and I just wannt to make it to my Pride Power Lift Chair and sleep.

SFC

The worst flight I was ever on-and I used to fly a lot-was a July flight to Phoenix during a monsoon. We kept circling until we ran out of fuel and had to land. Bumpy doesn't even begin to describe that landing. I sill lovely Arizona and visit when I can. I'll be spending a week photographing Arizona this November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Monsoon Season is not fit for man or beast. Walls of blinding sand storms 25 to 30 miles high, and streches across the valley from Glendale on the West Side to Queen Creek on the East Side. The sand storom starts donw in Tucson can can go as far North as Fountain Hills. They do close the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airportdown from anything taking off.

Try Scottsdale Airport, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, Phoenix Deer Valley Airport, Falcon Field, Chandler Municipal Airport

Due to my last major surgery on my left shoulder, the 15th since the Army. I almost did not recover as it took me over eight hours to recover asking for drink, I heard all Surgeons and Recovery Nurses with a sigh of relief as they brought me an ice chip. An hour later, I was told to get dressed and go home and wait for your doctor to call. When I did see my doctor, he said that is it, no more surgeries for you unless death threatening. He looked at me and said, be careful on the pistol and rifle range.

I have two knees that were all but destroyed back in 1969, along with left shoulder dislocated, left wrist broken, my lower back felt like gel as I was told by the Army Docs, left and right ankles, the Left was crushed, right was broken and I still have shrapnel. Do not ask; Very long story, but according to the Army it was during a "Training Exercise" Fourteen years later the Army said you are no longer physically fit for the Army, Really now what was the first clue and why did you keep me so long. Your technical experience is no longer needed and we no long need people who speak Russian.

Yep, I can agree to that, even though I have arthris in all the joints. When I do have a bad day, I cannot move and I just want to make it to my Pride Power Lift Chair and sleep.

The Army and it's infinite wisdom. I had a head on with a car while driving my motorcycle while in High School. 9 months in a full leg cast and surgeries after that. Was barely walking when I got drafted. The put me in full boot Camp. Needless to say I was awaiting discharge about 2 weeks after I went in. That is the leg that gives me the most problems now. Replaced knee and the next step I am putting off is fusing the ankle. Hope you have better days ahead so you can at least get out some and shoot.