d60 - d3100

bechdan

ive had the D60 for about 4 years now and want to upgrade, ive got a fairly low budget as ive just bought a few new lenses, i can part exchange my camera for a D3100 for about £100

My question is, is it a worthwhile upgrade from the D60 to the D3100?

Bill16

I've never used the D60, but I have the D3100 right now. I have no complaints about mine so far and I think it can make some great photos. I'm just a newbie though, and not knowledgeable enough to know if it would be the way to go for you. I would first check that the D3100 had all the functions you like to use on your D60 so you don't regret loosing a function your use to relying on. If you can stretch your budget enough you might want to go to the D5100. I've been hearing that it is great for the price with abilities that the D3100 just doesn't have.
I'm sure though that some of the knowledgeable members and staff will be able to answer your question. :D

i really don't think you would see much difference in the two. I think you would be better off saving up a little more and going for the D5100. I have owned and shot both. the D3100 is a good little camera but I think there is enough difference between the two to go for the D5100

bechdan

thanks H.Fish that is a handy website, and yes Tracsoft I agree the 5100 looks better, and doesnt cost much more either. Cheers all.

Horoscope Fish

... I agree the 5100 looks better, and doesn't cost much more either.
I wouldn't consider the upgrade from the D60 to the D3000 that significant either...

The D5100 or D5200 would be a more logical upgrade path, IMO, as well. My rule of thumb is I want to roughly double what I have when I upgrade. Sometimes that's a little difficult to quantify, but that's why it's a rule of thumb.